To unite and elevate the spiritual experience of the body of Christ during service. To encourage and guide the congregation in worshiping God for His Glory.
- Serve as a primary worship leader for the church.
- Prepare appropriately for worship in advance through prayerful meditation on the message to be communicated during service and to dynamically adjust the worship as the Spirit leads.
- Determine the content and tone of the worship services that is reverent and inspiring.The Pastor has the final authority but the Worship Minister will have significant freedom to express creativity.
- Collaborate, when applicable, with the Pastor to enhance and support the messages through music selection and other elements of the worship experience.
- Disciple and train, when applicable, musically gifted persons, and include a wide variety of qualified musicians in the worship ministry of the church.
- Recruit, as needed, new vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Participate in the design and execution of weekly worship that, when appropriate, may include media and technical elements.
- Facilitate lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in the coordination of these production components when needed.
- Lead worship team rehearsals weekly, when applicable, before worship service.
- Attend monthly leadership meetings, and meet with worship team members during the month as needed.